The Mix Community Fridge accepts surplus food from local businesses and members of the public and makes it freely available to everyone. Join us in helping reduce food waste by sharing!
The fridge is open Mon 4-7pm, Tues 9am-2pm, Wed 1-6pm, Thurs 9am-2pm, Fri 1-6pm and Sat 9am-1pm.
You can bring food to the fridge past it’s best before date as long as it is still good to eat, please see check to see what food we can not accept.
We can accept the following foods in this fridge:
- Sealed package foods
- Fresh fruit
- Fresh vegetables
- Table sauces
- Unopened pasturised milk and yoghurt
- Unopened fruit juices
- Fresh eggs (traceable Lion stamped, with clean shells and a use-by date)
Please note, if putting food into new or different packaging, make sure the use-by date and allergy information are transferred across.
We can accept the following foods in this cupboard:
- UHT milk
- Bread and bakery items
- Table sauces
- Cooking sauces and oils
- Honey, jams, jellies, preserves (made at a registered food business)
- Sealed fermented or potted food items (e.g. gherkins, olives, sauerkraut, made at a registered food business)
- Tin cans (e.g. vegetables, fruit, soups, beans)
- Packed cereals
- Fruit (e.g. citrus fruit, bananas, mangoes)
- Dried goods (e.g. pasta, rice, grains)
- Sweets and sugar confectionery
- Coffee and tea
Please note, we can only accept food items that are unopened.
Sorry, but we can not accept the following:
- Cooked food from your home or from unregistered sources
- Meat or fish
- Unpasturised milk
- Cooked rice
- Alcohol or caffeinated drinks
- Raw milk cheeses
- Bean sprouts
- Products which could contain any of the above ingredients
- Unlabeled multiple ingredient items